Identify this tree is it a JBP for seed?

There is a long line of these trees, a miniature steam rail road was built here back in the 1970s, the trees are now crowding the rails but I assume the trees were planted at the same time. I’m collecting cones for seed, most have a double trunk so I assume they came from the same batch at a nursery, I know JBP are leaderless.
Just wondered if it could be something else.

My suggestion would be Austrian Black Pine, Pinus Niger. The cones are symmetrical whereas the JBP cones are not so symmetrical. The needles and bark between the trees can be very close, with the Pinus Niger tending to be flakier. One always has to allow for variation in cultivars and specimens though so it can be difficult to know for sure using pictures or one specimen.

Thanks for the thoughts, I have a box of cones and most are not symmetrical like JBP, I guess they will be nice either way, these cones I picked green so I don’t know if they will ripen, reading more on collecting cones but I do have about 50 from cones on the ground that did sprout and they are pretty big like my JBP seedlings compared to my JRP seedlings which tend to be much smaller and i will find out how succesful for cuttings.

The box of cone’s do look more like JBP than the ones showing in the first pictures above! Were they obtained from the same source?

Yes from the same trees, since the trees are so old they do have a lot of cones, there are about 10 trees along the path that was the railway, here is a photo from 1996 and they were much smaller, they don’t look very apical
2006062001021-14

It will be very interesting to see how the seedlings do and appear after time. Please post the results.

Here are some that didn’t fit in my propagation tray, the short ones are the trees from my other post at higher altitude, much smaller, the tall ones are from these trees, also they were not as close to the grow light so overly tall, used to matter but since they will all be cutting height isn’t as much a factor.

This is the last of the seeds that sprouted, it was a pretty high percentage

Trying to work better on my timing, the 72 cell cuttings trays are on heat maps and take over 15 days to get a good set of radial roots and move to 4" pots then outside. It takes about 7+ days for the seeds to sprout and I ran out of room which causes problems.

The issue of space never seems to go away and soon it will be replaced by the issue of time. Developing pines requires consistent application of techniques and more time per tree as they progress. One can easily end up with too many to care for properly in a short period of time.
Works best with lots of outside space and a suitable climate like the Pacific Northwest.
Hope you have a large yard or acreage. Ten year old pines can use up to 10 square feet per tree for minimum air movement and growth even when in grow boxes. I am fortunate enough to have 3 1/2 acres to work with so time becomes the biggest issue.