I’m just starting my bonsai journey and still find it difficult at times to make design decisions, even with examples and tutorials all over the web.
I bought this juniper from a nursery here in Sydney (about 3 months ago) because I loved the strange look of that second, thicker branch. Since then I’ve been learning a lot and now I’ve started wiring the tree and not so sure this was a great decision. Below are a few points I’m thinking about.
- Is the trunk too straight, should juniper’s rather be curved?
- (I do like an informal upright, can it be done with a juniper?
- Do I bend that thick branch down and curve it to become a cascade branch in the future?
- Do I curve that branch around the front of the tree and turn it into a jin?
- Do I remove the branch completely and look to tilt the tree and start styling away from an upright?
Any advice on my thinking and/ or styling tips on this tree would be greatly appreciated.