Kishu & Zelkova from Evergreen Gardenworks

8/28/20
my order from Evergreen has arrived. i wanted to try Kishu juniper cuttings and airlayers for shohin sized bonsai. it looks like I’ll get my chance with this very healthy looking specimen. i also wanted to try to broom some zelkovas. should i wait till spring to repot into bonsai soil.

1 Like

Nice order. I liked my last/1st order from Brent earlier this year. I got 3 diff var of pomegranates, 1 shindeshojo and a seiju elm from him. They’re all doing good.

Can’t wait for my next order from him, hopefully next month or so (which I’m still waiting on because avoiding hot summer shipping and also crop-failures). 3 diff var of chaenomeles and an ume (originally ordered 3 diff ume; but only 1 is coming now due to crop failures).

1 Like

Were you able to order those this year? I tried to get in touch with them earlier this summer but never had any response.

i filled out the order form in may sometime. you should just fill out the orderform. you’ll probably get a response then.

1 Like

My 1st order was around Jan.
2nd order was in Feb (but will be shipped Sept when they are ready/healthy).

He did mention his email junks/blocks Hotmail accounts automatically sometimes or is buggy (returned/unsuccessful-sent emails, etc.). Might want to try a different email or gmail, etc.

1 Like

I like waiting until spring to repot as you can be more aggressive when removing old soil.

Looks like some nice additions to the collection!

yeah, that’s what i was thinking. the zelkovas look like they really don’t like traveling.

1 Like