2 Likes

10/20/19

2 Likes

11/28/19

happy Thanksgiving

1 Like

3/25/20

2 Likes

Nice… I vape too haha (ex-smoker for 20 years).

1 Like

yeah, I’ve been vaping for 6 or so years. i feel a million times better than when i smoked. I’ve been making my own juice for years now too; about $5 a month is pretty sweet on my pockets

1 Like

Cool!
I too make my own DiY juice… really only need to replenish on VG and PG only 1-2x per year (and the very occasional flavor or few replenishments too). Very inexpensive.

Here’s something interesting… esp. in these current times:

5/8/20

1 Like

here’s a video update on my pine propagation progress.
Seedling Cutting Time!

1 Like

I love propagation vids! Please make other cuttings/layer vids (azalea, maples, other broadleafs, deciduous, etc.)

1 Like

7/8/20

Good color - I like the wire benches too!

thanks. it actually use to be a safety fence around one of the robot arms at my work. one man’s trash…

1 Like

Perfect! The additional drainage helps keep roots healthy.

9/12/20

i was about to knock some of the buds off the whorl so i only have a leader and a side branch pushing out next year, and no swelling. how beneficial can this technique be? i read about it in Schrader’s blog.

not the mikawa, but it looks almost exactly like this one

oh yeah!

The main trade-off is whether you want more thickening or more elongation. If you remove one or two buds, you’ll have more growth along whichever bud you keep, but you’ll have less awkward swelling too. If you want to the pine to thicken a bit, the extra branches don’t typically cause problems at this stage.

I haven’t tried the bud thinning approach so I’m curious to see how the tree responds to it.

1 Like

i’m going to cut a couple and leave a couple alone and see what happens.

Looks good - I might try the same on a few trees. Will also follow up with Eric to see how it’s worked for him.

ready for next year :grin:

1 Like