This is a collected shore pine that has shown good recovery after collection in late August of last year. Roots are currently growing out the bottom on one side of the anderson flat. The challenge with this tree was survival, when collected there were very few roots on one side at the end of the trunk. Hence, it needed to be almost laying down to accomodate the few live roots. As it progresses i will slowly elevate the trunk for design purposes. This will involve developing a stable root ball to support the trunk in a more upright position.
I am thinking of a literati style to fit the way mother nature has shaped this tree already. The bark appears very old and the turns in the trunk unexpected! Here are a few pictures to share the unique characteristics of this yamadori. The last picture shows an adjustment i made today to help correct the rootball for more upright design.! I also cleaned up some dead twigs and old needles to better display the natural foliage after recovery. Please keep in mind that this is raw yamadori material with no design work attempted.
For some reason only the last picture uploaded.