Porpagating JBP and other evergreens a la Comstock

Hi Everybody,
I am new to the forum. I am trying to learn as much as I can about how to propagate JBP and junipers with a great root display. I have been following Mark Comstock and trying to grab bits and pieces about his technique, Often times he refers to Bonsaitonight and other individuals who he has learned from , but I am still trying to tie some lose knots.
What I have so far is:
Follow the regular procedure of taking semi-hardwood cuttings.
Hormodin #3
Use bottom heat
and apparently there are several times when the stem is cut. Mark, is able to produce beautiful radial roots in about 1-2 weeks.
Is there anybody who is familiar with this technique or knows of a good article I can read and learn more about it.

Thank you so much!

Here’s info about the basic approach:

Mark repeats the process two and three times to get the really crazy roots. If you go through his old posts you can see what the seedlings look like when he works on them to get a sense of when to do the work.

1 Like

Jonas thank you so much for passing this out. Great article! That answers a lot of my questions.
I really appreciate what you and Mark do sharing all this information.
THANKS!

1 Like

Thanks Miguel! Here’s some more info on the basic process if you’re curious - do let us know if additional questions come up.

Oh wow, this article is awesome. I read something in the past about Dip 'n Grow and how the alcohol content helps the its absorption, if I recall correctly.
Thanks again. I want at some point to come to one of your( You and Mark) events. I’ll have to do some planning.
Much appreciated Jonas!

1 Like