Quality Bonsai Acquisitions

(FRANCESCO VIGORITO) #1

Friends,

Does anyone have any good websites/purveyors of quality Bonsai? From nursery stock to show ready? I find this to be the most difficult part of Bonsai and I am tired of buying mediocre stuff on ebay. Thanks so much.

I tried to find a topic like this already posted but to no avail. If there is, please feel free to direct me. Thanks!

(Nicholas) #2

Where are you located? Even with online sales, it might matter with all the different quarantine laws and whatnot.

From my personal experience, I’ve had the best luck getting good material with my local club.

(Raymond Mack) #3

Ask Jonas - if he has anything for sale.

Owen Reich [email protected] is a bonsai professional. He has good material from starts to refined bonsai. Owen is a good and trustworthy guy who knows his stuff. (Jonas too)

(FRANCESCO VIGORITO) #4

Hi Nicholas,

I live in Brooklyn, NY so we don’t quite have a Bonsai culture just yet, but I bet I can get some hipsters into it, haha.

(Jonas Dupuich) #5

I have the same trouble finding good material. I’ve visited a number of nurseries around the country and have found that there are great trees here and there, but no obvious sources for large numbers of great trees at any stage of development.

I’ve definitely had the best experiences shopping in person as few nurseries (that I know of) post large numbers of trees online. I have some trees for sale, but don’t typically ship.

Bill Valavanis’s nursery is a great place to visit if you’re ever in Rochester - it’s the closest place I can think of to Brooklyn.

I’d also try to visit as many club and regional shows as possible as good material often turns up at these events.

(FRANCESCO VIGORITO) #6

Thanks for info Jonas.

FV