Sabina Juniperus

(Florent ) #1

Hello All, Jonas,

I am pleased to share with you my week-end at the bonsai san show in SAULIEU France,
A great Exhibition with a lot of tree from all other Europe!

It was the occasion for me to buy a tree from nursery stock! for really cheap I find: around 120us dollar.
I really like this kind of tree where everything has to be done on it without any first direction.

Here are the picture:
For now I don’t know what I will do but your comments are welcomed and I will share with you the result.

IMG_6700

IMG_6725

Details of the trunk
IMG_6697

IMG_6712

(Jonas Dupuich) #2

Nice tree - am really curious what you’ll come up with! The lower sections of the trunk are great - above that the thinner sections are relatively long and lack the good movement of the lowest sections. Big bends and/or grafts could help make a nice small tree.

(Florent ) #3

Hello everybody!
This is the result of the first styling for this Juniperus Sabina. I took 4 days to make it step by step, with time in between to think about many decision I had to take.
For now I have decided to let a lot of branches and foliage. I made some big bend to bring the green part inside.
What is nice; it’s there is a lot of small shoot near the base. Maybe the futur of the tree will be much more minimal. I will see…
Any comments are welcomed of course. :slight_smile:

img_6761

img_6772

img_6768

(Jonas Dupuich) #4

Awesome Florent - it looks like a lot of work went into this :slight_smile:

From what I can tell you’ve done a good job setting the basic structure - a big change from what the tree looked like before.

The one part I’m curious about is the large branch/upper part of the trunk that has been bent down towards the back. Do you have a plan for what to do with this branch over time?

(Florent ) #5

Thanks Jonas!

This part is also something that I am not sure about it. The curvature and size are not really elegant from some point of view with the rest of the tree. I don’t know yet what I will do. Time with the tree will help me to think at something to harmonize this part with the whole tree. Maybe a dead wood, or a shari or even maybe cutting of this part. I will see with the advice I will receive.
Thanks again your work inspire me a lot!
:wink: